Sana Olivia Hernandez
My skin prickles.
I can't feel my fingertips.
I am cold.
Either it's the temperature.
Or I'm dying,
Or I'm old.
I can feel the chill in my bones.
I'd be crazy to eat an ice cream cone.
Or so I'm told.
It seems nice outside.
I'd like to go,
Play in the snow.
But I can't.
I have a cold.
I'd hug to stay warm,
Or accept your homemade soup.
I'd let your love warm me up.
But I refuse.
My heart is too cold.
As you can see,
Cold has manifest mastery.
It comes in many forms.
In you and in me.
God, I'm cold!
Sana Olivia Hernandez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Cold by Sana Olivia Hernandez )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Which One Do I Choose?, Julie Johnson
- Beautiful Madness, Steven Rhoads
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson
- Life of War, Steven Rhoads
- Do It Well, Babatunde Aremu
- So Tired, Frank Lindquist
- BHARAT KE VEER, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Memories of river., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Life musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Record, Holy Man