Combatants Stand In Ranks
All of us have come out
Of the houses with swords
And guns to execute the heads,
Perforate the chests
Of one another.
No one is to distribute,
Flowers in the streets.
I have come out to sell
My dreams but residents
Are the buyers of gold.
Many of them build walls
Among the people,
No one is pull down it,
Remove it from the minds.
There exists a gulf of ego,
In the hearts, I did a lot
To shorten the distances.
Even then combatants stand,
In ranks to fold the rows.
(Contents are derived from the Ghazal of Dr. Jawaz Jaffri and converted into English poem by Muhammad Shanazar)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Combatants Stand In Ranks by Muhammad Shanazar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dare - Devil Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'll be missing you, Emma Wilson
- A U G U S T, hasmukh amathalal
- Conquest, Liilia Talts Morrison
- My Circus Tent, Stephen Loomes
- Mute Talking Drum, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- silkworm, Marshall Gass
- you on a continent climbed....., Marshall Gass
- I reached deep into a pocket........., Marshall Gass
- Leaves Of The Past, RoseAnn V. Shawiak