Come Back, My Love!
My lips are still burning
from the fire of the kiss
you planted on me
a year ago.
I have not touched any food at all -
neither a fruit, nor leaf, nor water
ever since the day you left me
burning in the quadrangle of my fire
alone, alone, a year ago,
that the memory of your fiery kiss
will be washed away painfully for ever
from the virgin garden of my lips
if they so much as touched
a fruit, a leaf, or water,
that the mid-summer warmth of your kiss
will turn cold as ice
if my forlorn lips
touched a tumbler of water.
I live only by the fire
you gave me;
I live only by the breath
you gave me.
But the fire you kindled on my lips
a year ago,
has now engulfed my entire body
setting my heart on fire -
flames are leaping all around me
in my eyes, in my feet, in my breasts
in my everything -
Oh love, come back, my love
come back to me
kiss me again
and extinguish for ever
the excruciating fire
of my love.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Come Back, My Love! by Laxmi ... )
- The Glare Of Evil, Lilly Emery
- Contemporary Indian English Poetry A Thi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- They're Sleeping and I'm Dancing, Vincent S Coster
- I Just Think About The Lives Pulsating I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Passage of Life, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- Love, a bit bitter.., Tristen Martin
- Domestic Disturbance, Daniel Karbon
- Where Are They Speeding To Go, I Don't K.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Beer, $13, Daniel Karbon
- What The Culture Drug In - Da Dammerrung.., Warren Falcon