Come Out Mathilda
You might have seen me come
in a dragon prowed ship,
armed to the teeth,
and pitching a fit,
you know, being a berserker
just ain't too hip,
but the killing is so much fun,
wanna make all the Celts die young.
Come out Matilda,
don't make me wait,
you British women
are so full of hate,
what’s a horny Viking
got to do for a date?
I swear I won't do no harm,
if not I'll just torch this barn.
If your father was alive
I know he’d think I was a nice guy
he’d really care for me
He might even kill a bear for me.
Me and my buddies
sail up and down the coast,
looking for a few good
towns to roast;
We like to pillage, we like to boast
It could've been less less fun,
you might have been overrun by Huns.
If your mother was alive
I know she’d think I was a great guy
she'd raise a glass of ale to me
he'd even say wassail to me.
I know we seem an
we killed all your cattle,
and ate them for lunch,
you seem a little hostile,
its just a hunch,
I know I just killed your dog,
but hey, this is just my job!
Tune: Only the Good Die Young
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Come Out Mathilda by Jeffrey Stultz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- *Darling Dove, C. P. Sharma
- *The Divine Blessings - For Jen Walls an.., C. P. Sharma
- Bittersweet, Kelly Curiel
- The American Dream, Lilly Emery
- *Rumi Speaks, C. P. Sharma
- Destiny Misplaced, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- *Stray Thoughts, C. P. Sharma
- Shame-Shame Israel, Aftab Alam
- Paths Of Childhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- lips of flower, Aftab Alam