Come Sit with Me
Come sit with me
And talk awhile
I'll tell you what I miss -
Your loving eyes,
Your tender smile,
The passion in your kiss.
Come sit with me
And stay awhile
Our story must be told -
The magic of your tenderness
Strikes my very soul.
Come walk with me
And take my hand
Together we will be -
As we go walking on the sand
Serenaded by the sea.
Come stay with me
And be my love
Together we will see -
If happiness and harmony
Are meant for you and me.
Gail Grierson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Come Sit with Me by Gail Grierson )
- Dead Eye Notes, Shikdar Waliuzzaman
- In Fantasia, Harry Freeman
- Its 3: 00 A.M, Ajay Vyas
- No Love Lost For My Questioning Love, Sfisesihle Nxumalo
- PH: Poetry: God's Kind Of Poetry, Brian Johnston
- earthenware are you?, Mandolyn ...
- light bulbs flicker for a reason, Mandolyn ...
- Through A Puppet's Eyes, Dilantha Gunawardana
- soon., Mandolyn ...
- Dragon King Daughter, Tim caffery
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)