Come the Dark
Come the Dark again
I will be steel this time,
Come the Dark
my Hope's Re-enforced
my Faith Renewed'
and I shall toss aside
and Seething Flutterings.
I will wave
which is Hearth and Kin;
tall Stance make
against dark Blandishments
and the Light.
as I have
in the past,
as often as I Need to
I will this time flip Fear
and wring from it Hope.
I will taffy stretch Time
to what I need to rehabilitate Negativities.
I will take Rage and make it to lie down with Peace
and make the Harming Ones weep Atonement Tears.
I'll not veer from my path, nor falter
and if need be
you find me on the other side
still struggling if need be;
and if there, there is no need
then my story will have ended well.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Come the Dark by Lonnie Hicks )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Conundrums Consequence..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Whats and Whats, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- No Answers To Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- The Bridge of New York's Beauty..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Hiking Limerick, Mr. Spock
- Christmas Tree, Mr. Spock
- The Star, The Wish, The Coming..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Christmas Star, Mr. Spock
- From Drunk Pete Diary, Adeosun Olamide