Comedy Of The Absurd
How I loathe what I am!
If these hostile emotions continue,
I'm afraid I'll be devoured in it's next meal.
So on the caps of my knees, I beg:
Won't a spark of life enter to awaken what is
Decomposing in death?
Or will the insatiable serpent Ouroboros claim me for self-destructive reincarnations?
I look at the fresh image in the mirror and wonder
why these violent pangs even occur;
My face is bright, my eyes alive, and I see an ostensible robustness in my youth.
But how falsely indicative are mirrors and thirsty eyes!
Is it the rest of the world or me that
lives extrinsically but is slowly rotting beneath?
No new friendships occur,
No nodding heads concur.
Only the coldness of darkness, void, and chaos
run amok in this comedy of the absurd.
Rafael Cazares's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Comedy Of The Absurd by Rafael Cazares )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The day my angel died, whole world cried, The lonely wanderer
- the day I get to call you mine, The lonely wanderer
- No goal, hasmukh amathalal
- gud bye my love, The lonely wanderer
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 77, Ronjoy Brahma
- Ordinary Goddess, GRANT FRASER
- u and I are never alike, The lonely wanderer
- Truth and non-violence, gajanan mishra
- If I Die Young, John Billy Tumapon Yucot
- Not even birds, hasmukh amathalal