John G. Nelson
Catch my tears when it falls,
Fend my fears when it calls,
Save my heart from its gall.
Sing to me in a mellow tone.
Whistle wisdoms in my ears.
Speak gentle as a love song.
Feed my heart with graces,
Sow zest to yield warm face
Awaken my eyes in bonny,
Kiss my cheeks in temperate
Hug me soft, to feel its palate
Embellish my heart in solace.
Create in me the fruits of joy,
Make me jolly and stronger,
Lest I frighten, give up my soul
Place me on a bed of comfort
Gather my disquieting thoughts,
Evanesce it deep into the earth.
Soften my heart with fragrances
Grease my soul with sweet oil
Perfume them with endless love.
John G. Nelson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Comforts by John G. Nelson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- नोँनि थाखायनो आं मेगन मोदै जानांबाय सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- Many Third-class Men As University Teach.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Marvelous Floating Bookshop and Virt.., mary douglas
- So Many Things, Neela Nath
- Summer Rhapsody in Blue Raspberry Circa .., mary douglas
- An Oridnary Modern Girl Wearing A Rudrak.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- tear from a mans eye, Gregory Kelley
- Toss and Turn, David Munene wa Kimberly
- Tickle Blue, Prasad Natarajan
- Give me the wisdom of old age, Gregory Kelley