John G. Nelson
Catch my tears when it falls,
Fend my fears when it calls,
Save my heart from its gall.
Sing to me in a mellow tone.
Whistle wisdoms in my ears.
Speak gentle as a love song.
Feed my heart with graces,
Sow zest to yield warm face
Awaken my eyes in bonny,
Kiss my cheeks in temperate
Hug me soft, to feel its palate
Embellish my heart in solace.
Create in me the fruits of joy,
Make me jolly and stronger,
Lest I frighten, give up my soul
Place me on a bed of comfort
Gather my disquieting thoughts,
Evanesce it deep into the earth.
Soften my heart with fragrances
Grease my soul with sweet oil
Perfume them with endless love.
John G. Nelson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Comforts by John G. Nelson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Multicolored, gajanan mishra
- The Light that was Lost, Alexandra Matthews
- Interdependent, gajanan mishra
- Perhaps Of ofasianperhapsswayshymm, sEaN nOrTh
- Blamed too, hasmukh amathalal
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- BY Design, Terrance Tracy
- The Man of War and Flowers, Daniel Skentelbery
- Honest Love, Ronald Chapman
- Homage to Sarah Geronimo 'The Pop Star P.., Ronald Chapman