"COMPARING MY SCHOOL TO MANY OTHER THINGS"
From the old color blue, UCC now turns green
Why do you think our school has to do that kind of changing?
Better services and facilities, are these what it means
Or does the school just wanna change the color without any innovation to bring?
Students of other school compared their school into a jail
A jail that once you were freed, you will never want to go back there;
Some also compared their school into a baby
Because baby needs attention, as well as you must focus on your studies.
Students of UCC where can you compare our school?
Are you being trained here or are you just becoming fool?
To know the significance of UCC turning to green
Let us first discuss what does this color means.
Green is the color of nature, growth and learning,
It also means health, self-respect and well being;
Green also symbolizes money
Balance, master of healer and also harmony.
If green means life then life is what UCC will offer,
Quality life that only through God who can give it over;
If green means growth, then our school will improve,
If green symbolizes learning, the school will give the best they can afford.
If you will ask me where can I compare this school?
I will compare it to a pie, cat, and salad, to a garbage truck and to prison;
Pie because it is good at first until you reached the crust
Same as with studying which feels good up to the last.
In prison you can't leave no matter how you try,
It's just the same with Unida, it takes so hard to say goodbye;
I can also compare UCC to a garbage truck
It smells, it is big and you can hear it from a mile away.
School is like salad, you have to put something to make it better
Just like with UCC, they are making improvement for a better
They started with its color, then to facilities and etcetera
So that UCC will be like a cat which never dies
All of these will happen to UCC if God will lead us by.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ("COMPARING MY SCHOOL TO MANY OTHER THINGS" by samhark samonte )
- A Free Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dissolved, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Go boothward young doves, moez meftah
- To Someone Special On Poemhunter, Electric Lady
- Thank You: from a dear friend, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Memories, anthony john cerrito, sr.
- The Sea, Somasekar Sivaprakash
- Gods Revenge, Tango Tango
- 'Valerie', Katherine Nordhaus
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)