Compolsory Voting For You... Mar 8th,2014
Compulsory voting and binding referendums should be allowed,
Then our party politicians could really feel proud,
Because then the system would tell them what our people need,
And this should not be a problem when we are all agreed.
But we can’t have medically assisted death so just don’t die,
Don’t phone up your MP because he/she doesn’t know why,
Our pompous parole boards are very busy setting cons free,
Media moguls don’t tell us or ask us if we agree.
If we could recall stupid politicians, it might help a bit,
But the Ottawa aristocrats would surely throw a fit,
And our appointed senators are there till they’re seventy five,
That means they’ll be there and you or I may not even be alive.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Compolsory Voting For You... Mar 8th,2014 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mind, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- WE ARE TEMPORARILY HERE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Waxing Grandiloquent, Margaret Alice Second
- When The Evening Light Comes, Pijush Biswas
- Hindi haiku (56-60), S.D. TIWARI
- Retirement (or) Till Your Last, Natarajan Ramaseshan
- An illicit dream....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The House Across Our Road, Kuda Bondamakara
- sadism, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Call me, I am here, gajanan mishra