On a bright, sunny morning, I was gossiping,
With a devoted sunflower. 'Don't you get
Tired of looking at the sun All day long?
Go get some rest and let me stand for you',
I said. She smiled and asked, 'How long can
You look without batting your eyelid for once? '
I had no answer, I really didn't have any!
On a silent, solitary noon stroll in the woods,
I heard a sad, mournful dove cry her heart out.
I rushed to her and asked, 'Hey angel of peace!
Why so sad? Where's your spouse? ' Shedding
A drop of tears, she said, 'You'll find him tonight,
On the hunter's dinner table.' I wanted to lend
My voice to her melancholy, She didn't let me.
On a sombre afternoon, I saw a bright butterfly.
Rushing to her I said, 'I want to borrow some
Red and yellow from your beautiful colors! '
She said, 'Twilight approaching, what will you
Do with the colors now? Come next morning! '
When darkness fell, I kept counting moments,
Till the dawn. Sadly, I saw her not once more!
On a rain drenched evening solemnly I stood,
Before the nest of a Weaving Bird and prayed
For a shelter in any corner just for the night.
'Oh poor fellow! ' She said, 'Tonight is our first
Anniversary. We'll sing the sweetest songs tonight
And dance and make love. Come tomorrow, our
nest will be yours! ' I came back, never to go again.
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Concurrent Confabulation by Khairul Ahsan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Christmas Bells, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Where I Am #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- Darkness #2, Holly Wotherspoon
- Last Minute Christmas Eve 1964, mary douglas
- Darkness #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- I Don't Want, Michael P. McParland
- Red Tulips, Holly Wotherspoon
- Holding On, Michael P. McParland
- Holding You Tight, Michael P. McParland
- Hold On, Michael P. McParland
- Just Wasn't Deep Enough, Kyle Schlicher