On a bright, sunny morning, I was gossiping,
With a devoted sunflower. 'Don't you get
Tired of looking at the sun All day long?
Go get some rest and let me stand for you',
I said. She smiled and asked, 'How long can
You look without batting your eyelid for once? '
I had no answer, I really didn't have any!
On a silent, solitary noon stroll in the woods,
I heard a sad, mournful dove cry her heart out.
I rushed to her and asked, 'Hey angel of peace!
Why so sad? Where's your spouse? ' Shedding
A drop of tears, she said, 'You'll find him tonight,
On the hunter's dinner table.' I wanted to lend
My voice to her melancholy, She didn't let me.
On a sombre afternoon, I saw a bright butterfly.
Rushing to her I said, 'I want to borrow some
Red and yellow from your beautiful colors! '
She said, 'Twilight approaching, what will you
Do with the colors now? Come next morning! '
When darkness fell, I kept counting moments,
Till the dawn. Sadly, I saw her not once more!
On a rain drenched evening solemnly I stood,
Before the nest of a Weaving Bird and prayed
For a shelter in any corner just for the night.
'Oh poor fellow! ' She said, 'Tonight is our first
Anniversary. We'll sing the sweetest songs tonight
And dance and make love. Come tomorrow, our
nest will be yours! ' I came back, never to go again.
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Concurrent Confabulation by Khairul Ahsan )
Did you read them?
- Eat Dessert First, Bill Grace
- cuts, Josephine Taylor
- Our India, Anishka Singh
- Agony 2, Michael McParland
- Single-minded, gajanan mishra
- Last night was looking in my eyes, valentin savin
- Craving, Foster Teegarden
- Rain in summer امطار صيفية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Poets everywhere, hasmukh amathalal
- New Sandwich, Von Kimball Barney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)