When I hear a cuckoo coo,
With that I can hear you too.
When you see a bird in flight,
Do I too, fly into your sight?
When magpies chatter,
I hear your laughter.
When drops of rain patters on your window,
Do you gaze, to find my shadow?
When a gentle breeze, sways the trees,
I hear you hum, like the buzzing bees.
When the approaching squalls, dash on your walls
Atop the noise, do you hear my calls?
When the bells jingle and the brooks babble.
All I can hear is your random gabble.
When at midnight, a lover mute, plays on a flute,
To your eyes, does my semblance take a route?
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
20 September 2013
Comments about this poem (Compatible Feelings by Khairul Ahsan )
Did you read them?
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
- पयादे से मात, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song 2, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- The Saffron Drape, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Highway of Holiness, Terrance Tracy
- Hey Big Guy, My Kindred Soul, Noah Body
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- is happening the Is, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- What you will get, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 September 1902 – 7 March 1971)
(1886 - 1967)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)