When I hear a cuckoo coo,
With that I can hear you too.
When you see a bird in flight,
Do I too, fly into your sight?
When magpies chatter,
I hear your laughter.
When drops of rain patters on your window,
Do you gaze, to find my shadow?
When a gentle breeze, sways the trees,
I hear you hum, like the buzzing bees.
When the approaching squalls, dash on your walls
Atop the noise, do you hear my calls?
When the bells jingle and the brooks babble.
All I can hear is your random gabble.
When at midnight, a lover mute, plays on a flute,
To your eyes, does my semblance take a route?
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
20 September 2013
Comments about this poem (Compatible Feelings by Khairul Ahsan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns
- A Wishing Star, Asma Riaz Khan
- Simply Spoken Dissearpering Vapors, Heather Burns
- amour is armour because of the r, Mandolyn ...
- Where Can I Buy Happine$$, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken Wind Dance, Heather Burns
- Lights Out, Bill Cantrell
- our conversation's getting fat, Mandolyn ...