Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
Confused and Distraught
Again I am raging,
I am in such a state by your soul that every
bond you bind, I break, by your soul.
I am like heaven, like the moon, like a candle by your glow;
I am all reason, all love, all soul, by your soul.
My joy is of your doing, my hangover of your thorn;
whatever side you turn your face,
I turn mine, by your soul.
I spoke in error;
it is not surprising to speak in error in this state,
for this moment I cannot tell cup from wine, by your soul.
I am that madman in bonds who binds the
'divs'; I, the madman,am a Solomon with the 'divs',
by your soul.
Whatever form other than love raises up its head from my
heart, forthwith I drive it out of the court of my heart,
by your soul.
Come, you who have departed, for the thing that departs
comes back; neither you are that,
by my soul, nor I am that, by your soul.
Disbeliever, do not conceal disbelief in your soul, for I will recite
the secret of your destiny, by your soul.
Out of love of Sham-e Tabrizi,
through wakefulness or nightrising,
like a spinning mote I am distraught, by your soul.
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Confused and Distraught by Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- we need a porch and a good sized moon, Mandolyn Davidson
- A TREACHEROUS AGGRESSION AGAINST INNOCEN.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love Is A Small Word, Lilly Emery
- varicose veins, lee fones
- Manliness Of Man, Naveed Akram
- The Long Goodbye (revised), Barry Jablonski
- I Want NIght To End, Elia Michael
- Transformation And Power Of Love, Lilly Emery
- To Do To..., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Face Filters, Naveed Akram