I wrote this awhile ago; it is dedicated to the victims of the Virginia Tech tragedy.
She sees all these pictures on the wall
She knows how easily they can fall
The glass will shatter as it hits the ground
silence to sound, silence to sound
She sees all these photos on her desk
Memories, silent, but picturesque
Their splintered frames will show what was at stake
all will break, all will break
Every story has a turning point,
Everyone has a breaking point,
Silence meant peace, and he never spoke;
silence broke, silence broke
She sees all the pages he never turned:
Romance, the fire that never burned;
Friends, entities he misunderstood:
A lost soul, epitome of what never could.
Hope, the glass that will shatter too soon.
Orange, maroon; orange, maroon.
Nina Bej's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Consequences by Nina Bej )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A CELESTIAL PARTY, Romeo Della Valle
- restored, Mandolyn ...
- Miley Cyrus Perceived as a Martyr, A.j. Binash
- love became living again, Mandolyn ...
- Uncontained Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Structure, Fiona McCullough
- Battles Of The Inner Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Multiplying Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- This Is Such A Pity, Electric Lady
- What Happen To Love, Lilly Emery