I wrote this awhile ago; it is dedicated to the victims of the Virginia Tech tragedy.
She sees all these pictures on the wall
She knows how easily they can fall
The glass will shatter as it hits the ground
silence to sound, silence to sound
She sees all these photos on her desk
Memories, silent, but picturesque
Their splintered frames will show what was at stake
all will break, all will break
Every story has a turning point,
Everyone has a breaking point,
Silence meant peace, and he never spoke;
silence broke, silence broke
She sees all the pages he never turned:
Romance, the fire that never burned;
Friends, entities he misunderstood:
A lost soul, epitome of what never could.
Hope, the glass that will shatter too soon.
Orange, maroon; orange, maroon.
Nina Bej's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Consequences by Nina Bej )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Poetry Round, Keith Johnson
- Thursday Morning, Keith Johnson
- 8 bloody moons, Richard Thripp
- Two Way Guilt, Michael McParland
- Two Lost Souls, Michael McParland
- Turn To The Light, Michael McParland
- True Beauty, Michael McParland
- Tribute To Freddie Mercury, Michael McParland
- Melancholy, Allison Benis White
- Treat, Michael McParland