There are thoughts inside me,
But I can’t seem to let them free!
The thought of not letting them out is frustrating me!
Its like all the feelings are stuck inside,
I try to let them out oh you have no idea how hard I’ve tried,
And still they stay hidden inside!
I have no idea what I feel,
Whether I am happy, sad, or even if my feelings are real,
I just can’t tell what my emotions and mind feel!
I want to scream out,
And let go of all doubt,
Yet I can’t even describe what there is to let out.
I wish I could tell you,
Could explain how I feel and what I want to do,
Although with everything in my mind my mouth has nothing to tell you.
I am suffocating in my own inability to speak my thoughts,
I feel as if I have nothing inside me even though I know I have lots.
How can it be fair that one’s demise can include one’s own mere thoughts?
Bethany Maxwell © May 31,2010
Bethany Maxwell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Consuming Thoughts by Bethany Maxwell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- One In A Million, Michael McParland
- Oh What A Fool, Michael McParland
- Oh Praise And Rejoice, Michael McParland
- Obsessive/Oblivious, Michael McParland
- Numb, Michael McParland
- Nothing Matters, Michael McParland
- No One Comes, Michael McParland
- Never Ending, Michael McParland
- When the Heart Skips a Beat, Danusha Marie
- Nervous Wreck, Michael McParland