coral jasmine...........in mollys garden
as the eastern sky heralds day-break
the nostalgia of dawn
fills me with the fragrance of coral jasmine.
the light broke into a soft morning,
easily with a smile my memories of
shafali flowers in mollys garden
came again and again.
we go out to greet the morning sun,
little basket in hand, to pick up flowers
strewn, like a blanket of white.
for, it will adorn lord shiva and laid
at his feet.
the tree looks like a wholesome bouquet
branches full of orange and white,
brilliant little flowers,
my senses feast at this wonderous sight.
the air gets heavy with
soothing soft fragrance
of nocturnal love,
shaken out of their reverie
and dreams of the night!
ritty patnaik's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (coral jasmine...........in mollys garden by ritty patnaik )
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
- Gulliver, Sylvia Plath
- Dare to speak out loud, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- All Were You, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- A Winter Ship, Sylvia Plath
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #06, Ronjoy Brahma