Paul had exhorted the Corinthians, to tap the power they had within,
This to live every day of their life, through the Power of Jesus Christ.
He said to watch with extra vigilance, in their world full of decadence,
To watch as they lived their lives, with all eyes fixed on Jesus Christ.
He said, stand fast and persevere, while living new life in Holy Fear,
Leaning on their new found faith, while fully relying on God’s Grace.
To be brave as they live each day, walking boldly in the narrow way,
Following Christ in all of His ways, as they live their life full of praise.
He said be strong in The Spirit of God, being led by His staff and rod,
As they build the character of Christ, within the very being of their life.
And to be loving in all their ways, while continuing their lives of praise,
This through the love of the cross, as they would seek to win the lost.
Also be submissive to one another, always ready to help your brother,
Through the Spirit of Jesus Christ, who gave for all men, his very life.
To greet each other with a holy kiss; today would be somewhat amiss,
But the thought was to warmly greet, each and every brother you meet.
Today in our times, much like theirs, are often filled with worldly cares,
So Friend we too must live our life, with watchful eyes on Jesus Christ.
And we need to listen to Paul’s plea, and take his instruction seriously,
For in The Spirit Paul is talking to, today’s Christians, like me and you.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Corinthian Exhortation by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 February 1970-)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- My Love, How Are You? Are You Happy With.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How I Feel, Leong Ming Loong
- Something Systemic, Francie Lynch
- Alone This Morning, Francie Lynch
- Tell Then To Go, Francie Lynch
- Cutters, Francie Lynch
- Seeing the Happiness of Souls, Sayeed Abubakar
- Let it come to war, James Jarrett
- Pee-On, Francie Lynch
- Oloso(Harlot), Olufayo Ezekiel