Paul had exhorted the Corinthians, to tap the power they had within,
This to live every day of their life, through the Power of Jesus Christ.
He said to watch with extra vigilance, in their world full of decadence,
To watch as they lived their lives, with all eyes fixed on Jesus Christ.
He said, stand fast and persevere, while living new life in Holy Fear,
Leaning on their new found faith, while fully relying on God’s Grace.
To be brave as they live each day, walking boldly in the narrow way,
Following Christ in all of His ways, as they live their life full of praise.
He said be strong in The Spirit of God, being led by His staff and rod,
As they build the character of Christ, within the very being of their life.
And to be loving in all their ways, while continuing their lives of praise,
This through the love of the cross, as they would seek to win the lost.
Also be submissive to one another, always ready to help your brother,
Through the Spirit of Jesus Christ, who gave for all men, his very life.
To greet each other with a holy kiss; today would be somewhat amiss,
But the thought was to warmly greet, each and every brother you meet.
Today in our times, much like theirs, are often filled with worldly cares,
So Friend we too must live our life, with watchful eyes on Jesus Christ.
And we need to listen to Paul’s plea, and take his instruction seriously,
For in The Spirit Paul is talking to, today’s Christians, like me and you.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Corinthian Exhortation by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Ballade [The goat scratches so much it c.., François Villon
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai