Such as our planets,
revolve around the sun;
My love and dreams,
revolve around someone.
Do you ever see the twinkling-stars,
in the Milky-Way;
They are playing hide and seek,
just like we used to play.
She was looking more charming,
when surrounded by other girls;
Amongst them she looked like,
the brightest star Sirius.
Once my life was happy,
and colourful like Saturn's rings;
Now I become dis-attended,
to the all happenings.
In the starry nights,
everyone can see the shooting-stars;
Once those were the countless,
wishes of my heart.
But hadn't much energy,
to reach such a high;
those return from the sky.
Majid Zubedi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cosmos. by Majid Zubedi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- TRUST COMMITMENT & LOVE, Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
- Yesterday and today, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neither dull nor grey, maryline vautravers
- Interviewed, Nassy Fesharaki
- What Can The Heart Do If It Falls In Lov.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gypsy Songs, Ben Jonson
- A hope that is not available, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- INSTRUCTIONS TO LIFE, Michael P. Johnson
- An English Girl, So Beautiful And Lovely!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Peace, hafiz qasim
- While Strolling Down the Beach Today, Kenn Nesbitt