COULD THIS BE TRUE... DEC 11TH,2013
COULD THIS BE TRUE … DEC 11TH,2013
Could our senators be unemployed if we abolish that place?
Do we have the power to do that and would it be a disgrace?
Can you name something good that the Senate might have done?
Why were they appointed till they’re seventy five - everyone?
Could our appointed Supreme Court, just refuse to let this happen?
And even write their high handed command in legal Latin?
And are we allowed to change the Constitution by ourselves alone?
I can almost hear the Ottawa hierarchy letting out a groan.
We are talking extremely elite high handed blue-blood stuff,
Even if they were only appointed; that is surely enough,
Is this something like Trudeau’s Charter except different?
Would the Queen have to sign it or is that relevant?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (COULD THIS BE TRUE... DEC 11TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A miner 49er (golden dreams), Monk E. Biz
- SATELLITE MOUTHS, alexander opicho
- Praying A Relief, Amitava Sur
- Infant Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Broken Homes?, Ellirie Aviles
- What Saves Us, Bruce Weigl
- My Love For You, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Dream (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Don't Be Afraid, Ronald Chapman
- My Ode to Oluebube, Saturday Chikezie Promise