COULD THIS BE TRUE... DEC 11TH,2013
COULD THIS BE TRUE … DEC 11TH,2013
Could our senators be unemployed if we abolish that place?
Do we have the power to do that and would it be a disgrace?
Can you name something good that the Senate might have done?
Why were they appointed till they’re seventy five - everyone?
Could our appointed Supreme Court, just refuse to let this happen?
And even write their high handed command in legal Latin?
And are we allowed to change the Constitution by ourselves alone?
I can almost hear the Ottawa hierarchy letting out a groan.
We are talking extremely elite high handed blue-blood stuff,
Even if they were only appointed; that is surely enough,
Is this something like Trudeau’s Charter except different?
Would the Queen have to sign it or is that relevant?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (COULD THIS BE TRUE... DEC 11TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
- The Enemy, Jose Orozco
- आथिखाल, Ronjoy Brahma
- Life is Nothing but Texture~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- How Is Your Life In The Matrix?, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- That bench is my dear., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loneliness, Ashwini Annigeri
- समनि नायथाय- 25, Ronjoy Brahma
- I am not uttering, gajanan mishra
- Holy and pure, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)