R. K. Hart
Cradled In His Love
When the world throws at me it's wretched darts,
And the world tears at the soft under belly of my heart.
And all communication seems rendered from above,
I'm reminded of the saying, Cradled in his love.
For you see in deed tis true,
Cling tightly fellow traveler, this phrase will see you through.
When each day is as darkest night,
This phrase will remind of the Saviors loving light.
Cradled in His love, wonderful place to be,
My body maybe racked with illness yet I am free.
Bars may hold me in my place; my only light comes from God above.
Waves may be hurling me about, still I'm cradled in His love.
Much I have done as I have trod this earth,
Much of some value, some of little worth.
As I would mourn the "little worth", I see a sweet white dove,
That reminds the, "Son you are cradled in my love".
Just as the Savior His end could see,
Was cradled in His love, the same can be said of me.
Before Pilate, and held cold steel upon the cruel cross.
Cradled in His father's love, none could be lost.
When storms do rage and blow,
There is but one thing I know.
I may at times lose my grip on Him, but of this be assured,
I am always in His heart, I'm always adored.
My sin may cause Him to turn His head, to close His eyes,
However, once cradled in His love, sin cannot break loves ties.
Truth be said, before I was counted as one of his flock,
Upon a black heart, He did knock.
Asking to come in and abide was His simple plea,
His gift would set me from sin totally free.
Today I'm bond slave am I, tis true,
A servant cradled in His love, dear friend I would desire the same for you.
R. K. Hart 2000-12.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Cradled In His Love by R. K. Hart )
- Teachers Of Peace, Edward Kofi Louis
- Under Tree Tops, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Friendship Falling Into Love!, Kamini Arichandran
- In Your Neighbourhood, Edward Kofi Louis
- COPLA 114 CONCLUSION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Heal The World With Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- Life is a dream, glen salem
- Finding STeps, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Good & Bad, Priyanka Gupta
- Interaction, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)