R. K. Hart
She Is My Home
There is a most wonderful girl who is my sum.
I will tell you now you call Mum.
She has the beauty of the queen of the Nile.
I could not live without the glimpse of her smile.
She is my safe port on stormy days,
She empowers and comforts by her ways.
Her words and actions to others,
Are those of wife and caring mothers.
I smile when I hear her words of song,
I am made aware all is right and little wrong.
Her gentle voice calms a troubled heart,
And causes my worries to depart.
We build places of brick, timber and clay,
These edifices will return to dust some day.
But the true love of a woman with virtue,
She is my home, my strength, an arrow true.
R. K. Hart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
R. K. Hart 12/10/2012
Comments about this poem (She Is My Home by R. K. Hart )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Nature's love and hate song, Anu Shraddha
- Humanity in person, hasmukh amathalal
- Perfect Union, Anu Shraddha
- Dafur crisis, Lubinda Lubinda
- Boy vs girl, Mark Heathcote
- remplaçable, Lubinda Lubinda
- Human Nature, Merton Lee
- Those Moments Of Weakness لحظات الضعف هذه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss