R. K. Hart
Dreams and Desires
We once had so many desires and dreams,
In our youth, we had such plans and schemes.
Schemes, plans, and dreams not so grand,
Just the simplest walks on moonlight sand.
A home in the ranch style simple and long,
Where love can be nurtured to grow strong.
Where tears can be kissed and kissed away,
Moreover, joyful days come out to play.
Holidays, picking up work where we are able,
Picking fruit or painting a gable.
Seeing the sights of country and city,
Experiencing the beauty and the gritty.
But dark clouds of age and health now surround,
And drums of minimal wealth and ability sound.
Dreams and aspirations maybe a thing of the past,
You maybe sure my love for you will grow and last.
R. K. Hart 24/3/2013
R. K. Hart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams and Desires by R. K. Hart )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 February 1970-)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- Christmas Rhyme, Akhil Arya
- The Best Days, Michael P. McParland
- The Arrival, Michael P. McParland
- Thank You So Very Much, Michael P. McParland
- This Life, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thank You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Tenderly Ask, Michael P. McParland
- Taking It All In, Michael P. McParland
- VAMPIRES, ZOMBIES, AND METH, Chaarzarul Rockett
- Take My Hand, Michael P. McParland