R. K. Hart
Dreams and Desires
We once had so many desires and dreams,
In our youth, we had such plans and schemes.
Schemes, plans, and dreams not so grand,
Just the simplest walks on moonlight sand.
A home in the ranch style simple and long,
Where love can be nurtured to grow strong.
Where tears can be kissed and kissed away,
Moreover, joyful days come out to play.
Holidays, picking up work where we are able,
Picking fruit or painting a gable.
Seeing the sights of country and city,
Experiencing the beauty and the gritty.
But dark clouds of age and health now surround,
And drums of minimal wealth and ability sound.
Dreams and aspirations maybe a thing of the past,
You maybe sure my love for you will grow and last.
R. K. Hart 24/3/2013
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams and Desires by R. K. Hart )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Experience life, gajanan mishra
- For us, hasmukh amathalal
- It is nature, hasmukh amathalal
- Difference, hasmukh amathalal
- Own earth own life, gajanan mishra
- My Girl, Dasia Deas
- Silent Messages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the old man is bitten, RIC S. BASTASA
- ....and then an empty morning sky, RIC S. BASTASA
- Magnitude Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak