Cry me a river
Love me like the mountains love the rain.
Cry me a river,
Of a lover's tears let me wipe away all your salty fears.
Let them drizzle down my windows pain,
My heart is filled with all your sufferings, and shame.
Like a river my life flows down your hills of grain,
Overflowing into tomorrow's horizon,
As my sun sets beyond today's footfalls,
And your moon falls into my future orbit.
I am the astronaut flying to your moon,
My footprints are lift on its dusty suffuse.
My heart was lost there,
out in the blackness of the unknown,
Floating, gloating, surfing the stars,
with my star cross lover.
Cry me a river of unforgivable love,
Show me your eyes full of tears
Full of poetry, and a lover's passion,
and all their fears.
Love me like the moon loves the stars.
Cry me a river, of falling stars
I'll catch them in my bucket,
so I can wish upon them years to come.
Cry me a river.
Amanda Shelton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cry me a river by Amanda Shelton )
- Not Just You, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Cry of the Unwanted, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Beneath the Words, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Believe, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- One-way Mirror, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- An Invitation, Doyen Lingua
- Bougainvillea, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- October Skies, Lilly Emery
- What if, Chris Zachariou
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)