Cry me a river
Love me like the mountains love the rain.
Cry me a river,
Of a lover's tears let me wipe away all your salty fears.
Let them drizzle down my windows pain,
My heart is filled with all your sufferings, and shame.
Like a river my life flows down your hills of grain,
Overflowing into tomorrow's horizon,
As my sun sets beyond today's footfalls,
And your moon falls into my future orbit.
I am the astronaut flying to your moon,
My footprints are lift on its dusty suffuse.
My heart was lost there,
out in the blackness of the unknown,
Floating, gloating, surfing the stars,
with my star cross lover.
Cry me a river of unforgivable love,
Show me your eyes full of tears
Full of poetry, and a lover's passion,
and all their fears.
Love me like the moon loves the stars.
Cry me a river, of falling stars
I'll catch them in my bucket,
so I can wish upon them years to come.
Cry me a river.
Amanda Shelton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cry me a river by Amanda Shelton )
- Zulu lezintandane, senzokhaya umhayi
- JANICE'S DRESS., Terry Collett
- Thando unjani, senzokhaya umhayi
- Sweet And Lovely Words, Edward Kofi Louis
- Engimthadayo, senzokhaya umhayi
- Underground Poet, senzokhaya umhayi
- Le Mfihlo yethu, senzokhaya umhayi
- chat up, lee fones
- Imizwa kaMakhwapheni, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngivumele ngihambe, senzokhaya umhayi