The son is bright, leaves are brown.
Weather is cool with sunshine on the ground;
fall is falling,
the seasons are of change.
Smells of cooking,
laughter and cheer is in the air.
Give thanks to all, and a new year.
A shadow of the past comes once a year.
A thanks, a giving, a chill in the air.
Season greetings cool weather is ahead.
fall is first,
winter is last,
summer has past,
and spring didn't last.
We give thanks to cooler weather;
as we all know it won’t last.
Cool weather is the best,
as seasons change we all feel it’s sting.
Bring it on for all to sing.
Amanda Shelton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Season Greetings by Amanda Shelton )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Are You Okay?, Michael P. McParland
- Are You Mad At Me?, Michael P. McParland
- Anyone But You?, Michael P. McParland
- Another Year, Michael P. McParland
- Another Wish, Michael P. McParland
- Cop Killers and Killer Cops, Is It Poetry
- Another Night (Off To Sleep), Michael P. McParland
- Another Day, Michael P. McParland
- Hands on Hips, Mae AC.
- Hands in Pockets, Mae AC.