Just the Regular Scotty Dogg
Cubs vs Cardinals
Through a concrete gate opening
the green field revealed itself.
I remember the white lines too.
Organ music smells hotdog smiles.
Dad held my hand as we floated
to our seats and Curt Flood threw
me a ball and it knocked over a
Beer. Splash! Some got us wet.
The game was crawling as I
watched peanuts fly by and fans
pass down some money, man.
“YO! GETCHA BEER HERE! ” and
Bob Gibson hit some poor guy
and the guy limped to first.
We all sang baseball! And the
next thing I knew we were all
floating to our cars and I slept
on the way home. I heard sirens.
Just the Regular Scotty Dogg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cubs vs Cardinals by Just the Regular Scotty Dogg )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Communists Are The Power-hungry People, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain and thunder, Han Min Ohn
- Poem is not bound, gajanan mishra
- Indian English Poetry- A Study In First .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Too much, hasmukh amathalal
- Beer, Britton DeJong
- A Flower Is To See, Not To Kiss Or Smell, Bijay Kant Dubey
- In the forest, Philo Yan
- The Devil Called On Me, louis rams
- Papa Says That The Son Will Make A Name, Bijay Kant Dubey