Mark R Slaughter
Cynicism of Human Mind
The human is a frame befleshed
And furnished with a mind enmeshed
In tarantellic throws of thought.
Tormented by a jealous rage,
Suspicion builds a filthy gauge
To measure all imaginary rivals.
The sea of flagellating surface
Copulates without a purpose -
A climax in a storm reviled
That splashes dying lands beguiled
By 'Save the World'
And other sickly pleas.
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2009
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cynicism of Human Mind by Mark R Slaughter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto