Dark And Dim
When my journey gets dark and dim, I look to only one, that’s Him,
My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Author and Sustainer of my life,
Through this time, I cannot afford, to not, lift my cares to The Lord,
He, who knows the beginning and end, is my Lord, God and friend.
One, Who sticks closer than a brother, is my Lord, God and Father,
Not only walking with me each day, but comforts me along the way,
Especially in the middle of my plight, as the day turns dark as night,
He’s there with light and grace, to help me through the darkest place.
I think of God not just on a whim, when the trial seems dark and dim,
But I consider God all of the time, as Christ gives me peace of mind,
That peace, beyond what I understand, as God holds me in His hand,
Holding me up while sustaining me, as my comfort along this journey.
Through the darkness of this plight, God indeed, is my Guiding Light,
Comforted by The Spirit of Christ, through these darkest times of life,
All those dark times of uncertainty, as God my Savior, walks with me,
Journeying on every valley and hill, this, as God guides me in His will.
God, my Savior and my friend, is there on every valley, hill, and bend,
So, I lift all of my cares to Him, not only when times are dark and dim,
For, even before I see a darker bend, my Lord, already knows the end,
So, I continue to follow His lead, as God takes care of my every need.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dark And Dim by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa
- The River, bryan wallace
- Strides, Vera Sidhwa
- The Snowdrop, bryan wallace