Dark and Light
Here where I live it is dark.
Abide within and it is dark.
Sinister beings dwell in the dark.
Seeing is not possible in the dark.
They are Dark.
Cavort about in the dark.
Come and surround in the dark.
Laugh and howl in the dark.
See them not, hear them yet, here in the dark.
They are Dark.
Not always do I live in the dark.
Comes a time without the dark.
Sinister beings exists in the dark.
Cannot survive without the dark.
They are Dark
When it is not dark,
And it is not always dark.
Beings of warmth pierce the dark.
Crack and splinter the dark.
They are Light.
Then sometimes I live in the light
Warm and safe in the light
Want to stay in the light.
Surrounded by life and love in the light.
They are Light
Sometimes light, sometimes dark.
In one world, than in the other.
In one, fear; love in the other.
Back and Forth, Light and Dark
I am Dark! I am Light!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dark and Light by Jeff Manion )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sean, Katty Briones
- The Bath Tub is Optional, Deborah DeNicola
- Moments When I Think I Still Love You, Katty Briones
- Paper Fan, Deborah DeNicola
- Librarians, Bijay Kant Dubey
- This Morning From the Porch, Deborah DeNicola
- Gauguin's Red, Deborah DeNicola
- Coffee After Dark, Michael Mira
- The Tree at Casa Cara, Deborah DeNicola
- Shattered Glass Windows, Michael Mira