DARK, DARK, DARK
Uneasy darkness envelopes me.
of mood disorient
this creature of melancholy.
A great saddness
My family is
They haven't left yet,
but oh they are going...
yes, they are going,
An uneasy foreboding
catches me unawares,
a premonition of tenebrous days ahead...
to the ether...
Will I see you again?
Will fate take me away
before we can reunite?
A great saddess yes indeed,
Dark, dark, dark...
Shirley Hanley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DARK, DARK, DARK by Shirley Hanley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 December 65 BC – 27 November 8 BC)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Gaius Valerius Catullus
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- When You Are Old, William Butler Yeats
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- 'Words', Katherine York
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies