When Night gives up his love for Dark,
to drape himself in new day's Light;
Dark clings to him with dawn's faint spark,
bedazzled by the stark white bright.
Light wins the day and Dark is caught,
within a web of glittering rays;
Dark dispels her shadows deeply fraught
with demons for the end of days.
Then Dark bides her time and waits,
for every Light must one day die;
As the ancient law of time dictates,
Light must leave a changing sky.
At dusk, when Light is worn and bleak,
Dark conquers Light when she is weak.
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dark light by Roann Mendriq )
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid