~Darkest of Emotions~
The darkness reigns thick
in the shadows of the night
hiding something dangerous
that brings about fright.
But what most people don't know
is that this 'thing' is not something you can touch or see
but an emotion that resides within thee.
Fear not the darkness
where it resides
but the emotion itself,
for if left alone to its own devices
can bring about something worse than fear.
It can bring panic
which breeds chaos
and where there is chaos
there is devestation.
Fear the emotion,
the emotion called 'LUST'.
Lust is a destructive emotion
if left alone
it can tear you apart
fear not the actual darkness in your heart
but the emotion that resides within its deepest part.
You may not see it or be able to touch it
but you can hear it all around you.
In the walls,
in the halls,
in the alleyways out back,
this emotion is all around us
and we hear it when it is not put on set back.
So again I say
Fear not the darkness where it lays,
But the devestation that will come to pass
if this emotion is not controlled till the very last.
Michelle Dickson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~Darkest of Emotions~ by Michelle Dickson )
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
- For To Be An Indian English Poet, An Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Bag of Old Photographs, Mikey Bachman
- Surrealistic Bagging, michael walkerjohn
- What at a Sunrise Ends, michael walkerjohn
- Les Collaborations de Vie, michael walkerjohn
- Only movement, hasmukh amathalal
- Thoughtful Succour, michael walkerjohn
- Wrapped In Silk, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)