Darkness and Regrets
I stood there...
In the dark and feeling fear.
Looking back at the past,
Wanted to live in the past.
Regretting choices that were made,
Sadness clung to me everyday,
Like a huge chain.
I just can't smile...
I told myself,
Look towards the future,
There would be better things.
Making careful choices that are big,
So I won't regret it.
Looking towards the future,
Looking at the event that's coming.
Knowing that I am not alone and suffering,
There are families and friends.
Do not think that you are alone.
Learn from the past,
Make it better in the future.
I'll try my best to make it true...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Darkness and Regrets by Maihoua Xiong )
- Trust None, Even Me!, Sir Toby
- More Deliberately Taken, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ah, money!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- We shall overcome someday, Vidura Prabhath
- Jadavpur University Campus And The Lefti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Excellence, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Chains, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- New Dawn, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Stolen Ancient Landmark, Sir Toby
- The Book O' Life, Sir Toby
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)