Darkness and Regrets
I stood there...
In the dark and feeling fear.
Looking back at the past,
Wanted to live in the past.
Regretting choices that were made,
Sadness clung to me everyday,
Like a huge chain.
I just can't smile...
I told myself,
Look towards the future,
There would be better things.
Making careful choices that are big,
So I won't regret it.
Looking towards the future,
Looking at the event that's coming.
Knowing that I am not alone and suffering,
There are families and friends.
Do not think that you are alone.
Learn from the past,
Make it better in the future.
I'll try my best to make it true...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Darkness and Regrets by Maihoua Xiong )
- Smoking is Injurious to Health, Aftab Alam
- While crying, let me smile, gajanan mishra
- Butterfly's Flight, Steve Kittell
- Then and Now, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Atomic Genius, Naveed Akram
- Grieving, Phil Soar
- Watering the plants, gajanan mishra
- Wait for, hasmukh amathalal
- Wings On Winter, Don Blumenthal
- Muse, Stefan Pryce
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)