Days Are Gray
The days are gray and I wonder why;
Looking for ways, to say good-bye.
My path before me, so lonely it seems;
Remembering old times, I want to scream.
So as I take each step, one by one;
The world keeps spinning, without my sun.
I'm told one day, that laughter will reign;
But until that time, I feel so drained.
Scarred by love, I feel my tears;
As the future is ripped, I stand in fear.
Winter upon us and the cold bites deep;
My love you were once, I no longer can keep.
Mind made up, you turn away;
No future with you, what can I say.
I love you so, my dreams now shattered;
World now darkening, what does it matter?
So to take each step, day by day
Torment and sorrow holds me at bay.
Body numb and mind confused,
What path to take, which to choose?
John Hess's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Days Are Gray by John Hess )
- A Visionary, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ezandleni zengelosi, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ungibonisile, senzokhaya umhayi
- I had a Dream..., Suzette Richards
- The new Don Quixotes in our time, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rainbow Looms, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ngiyindodana yakwa Zulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- Uyakhumbula, senzokhaya umhayi
- Wedwa, senzokhaya umhayi
- time or space?, ko the skipper