Days Are Gray
The days are gray and I wonder why;
Looking for ways, to say good-bye.
My path before me, so lonely it seems;
Remembering old times, I want to scream.
So as I take each step, one by one;
The world keeps spinning, without my sun.
I'm told one day, that laughter will reign;
But until that time, I feel so drained.
Scarred by love, I feel my tears;
As the future is ripped, I stand in fear.
Winter upon us and the cold bites deep;
My love you were once, I no longer can keep.
Mind made up, you turn away;
No future with you, what can I say.
I love you so, my dreams now shattered;
World now darkening, what does it matter?
So to take each step, day by day
Torment and sorrow holds me at bay.
Body numb and mind confused,
What path to take, which to choose?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Days Are Gray by John Hess )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai
- There is a Configuration of the Universe, michael walkerjohn
- R e D *) I c E... (r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A childhood lamentation, Juwon Daniel
- ` The Quiets..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR