Days Are Gray
The days are gray and I wonder why;
Looking for ways, to say good-bye.
My path before me, so lonely it seems;
Remembering old times, I want to scream.
So as I take each step, one by one;
The world keeps spinning, without my sun.
I'm told one day, that laughter will reign;
But until that time, I feel so drained.
Scarred by love, I feel my tears;
As the future is ripped, I stand in fear.
Winter upon us and the cold bites deep;
My love you were once, I no longer can keep.
Mind made up, you turn away;
No future with you, what can I say.
I love you so, my dreams now shattered;
World now darkening, what does it matter?
So to take each step, day by day
Torment and sorrow holds me at bay.
Body numb and mind confused,
What path to take, which to choose?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Days Are Gray by John Hess )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Adazeh Ador-Ishama's Horn, Tony Adah
- Stop and Think, Lylo Benant
- sticky love fest...messed me up good, Mandolyn ...
- Take a Picture, Katelin Taylor
- The New Life: Fifth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- Again Daddy Again, Tammy Ashton
- Winter flower, ramesh rai
- Silence In The Interrogation Room, Kyle Schlicher
- On Not Needing People, Kyle Schlicher
- Convergence-A Painting By Jackson Pollock, Kyle Schlicher