Tears of Sorrow
Tears of sorrow are forever more;
Knowing what's coming eats my core.
Thoughts of you flood my mind;
Knowing that love no longer binds.
My dreams no longer find you there;
Walking alone now something I bear.
And knowing your heart holds me no longer;
Tears my soul which once was stronger.
The voices they say 'let her go';
Weaken each day how do I know?
Tears of sorrow hold my cries;
My body weakens and wants to die.
My strength has escaped me;
My mind has neglected me.
'Let her go, ' now rings;
'Let her go, ' now sings.
But how do I move on, how do I live;
Knowing in time nothing will give.
All that I was is forever gone;
My wife, my daughter, and my son.
Forced to look into my future;
My heart ripped to pieces nothing to suture.
So now I think of the unthinkable;
Ending my life which once was unsinkable.
'Let her go, ' they say 'your pain will end';
How do I do it, she's my wife, my best friend.
'Let her go, ' they whisper 'no longer yours';
I'm trapped in a room without any doors.
'Let her go, ' they chime 'accept what is true';
Fallen to knees only one thing to do.
Tears of sorrow, on my cheeks this day;
Tears of sorrow blinding, now all is gray...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tears of Sorrow by John Hess )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- TRUST COMMITMENT & LOVE, Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
- Jayprakash's Black-mouthed Hanumans, Bijay Kant Dubey
- bamwar4.com, joelcruz cruz
- Smolt-flour, Stratis Havarti
- No quarrel, please, gajanan mishra
- Taking A Break From Your Busy Schedule, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Yesterday and today, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neither dull nor grey, maryline vautravers
- Interviewed, Nassy Fesharaki
- What Can The Heart Do If It Falls In Lov.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gypsy Songs, Ben Jonson