I Think of You
When I wake, I think of you,
on my mind it's nothing new.
Kid myself, I dream and hope;
no other way, can I cope.
Our marriage now, coming to end;
not something I wanted, but now I bend.
I love you, with every breath I take;
something of me, I could not forsake.
Yes we have, we've hit the wall;
arguing and fighting, this seems our call.
Words we throw, like fighter's fist;
clouds our minds, like the devil's mist.
Hurt and pain, now in our hearts;
where once was love, that could never part.
Where time and space, didn't matter;
as long as we believed, nothing would shatter.
Now I stand here, when two hearts were one;
searching for lost love, in the morning sun.
Tears on my cheek, and memories of you;
hold me and tease me, through and through.
When I wake, I think of you;
impossible to forget, this be true.
Kid myself, I dream and pray;
knowing always, my feelings at bay.
John Hess's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Think of You by John Hess )
- Am I a cynic?, Khairul Ahsan
- Being Serenaded By Heaven, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Message To My Daughter's Grandfather., Tony Adah
- Beneath Covers Of Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My New Home, Leong Ming Loong
- Lost Sequences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Longing, Leong Ming Loong
- Mr. Conservative Asking Her Daughter, Wh.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Parable, Leong Ming Loong
- The Torture, Leong Ming Loong
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Love, Ocean Myranda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)