I Think of You
When I wake, I think of you,
on my mind it's nothing new.
Kid myself, I dream and hope;
no other way, can I cope.
Our marriage now, coming to end;
not something I wanted, but now I bend.
I love you, with every breath I take;
something of me, I could not forsake.
Yes we have, we've hit the wall;
arguing and fighting, this seems our call.
Words we throw, like fighter's fist;
clouds our minds, like the devil's mist.
Hurt and pain, now in our hearts;
where once was love, that could never part.
Where time and space, didn't matter;
as long as we believed, nothing would shatter.
Now I stand here, when two hearts were one;
searching for lost love, in the morning sun.
Tears on my cheek, and memories of you;
hold me and tease me, through and through.
When I wake, I think of you;
impossible to forget, this be true.
Kid myself, I dream and pray;
knowing always, my feelings at bay.
John Hess's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Think of You by John Hess )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 October 1875 - 1 December 1947)
(1923 - 1998)
(1644 - 1694)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Will there really be a "Morning"?, Emily Dickinson
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Poem of the Day
- The 7 Signs of The Holy Night...(In Haik.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Day After Chris+mas...(A 10 Word Acr.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- So encouraging, hasmukh amathalal
- So Good, Michael P. McParland
- Snuggle, Michael P. McParland
- To speak untruth, hasmukh amathalal
- Sleep Well Love, Michael P. McParland
- Sleep Tight Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland
- Stable in life, hasmukh amathalal
- Sleep Tight Dear One, Michael P. McParland