Dazed and Contused
Dazed and contused
Word spaghetti thoughts erased.
Thoughts translated jumbled train.
Words fall randomly like rain.
Try as I might sequential order,
evades my grasp
my sentence slaughtered.
String a sentence beaded words.
Let slip the string and lose two-thirds.
Words scattered bounce across my floor
Lost in crevices forever more.
Thought images flickered across my brain.
Expression captures my words in vane.
Smokey vision heat hazed sweat.
Remembered words I didn't forget.
Choking on words long since taught.
Confused with thought.
Altered state alert of mind.
Struggling to read the simple signs.
Blunted blade of wordsmiths sword
Can't make the cut nor strike a chord.
Speaking in tongues tripped tangle tied.
Stumbled rungs up ladder high.
Daydream flight dream
clear vivid bright
awakened wet with sweat
Dazed contused and medicated
Drooling bent smile
Anthony Burge's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dazed and Contused by Anthony Burge )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Mark Strand
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Your Voice, Gina Borrebach
- For peace, gajanan mishra
- Lament Before The Eve, lingering stupor
- Sons of the nature, gajanan mishra
- The Death of Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Christmas Scene, Salim R Javed
- Girls are not a burden.A sweet conversat.., Salim R Javed
- Night, Leong Ming Loong
- The Tired Smile, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood and Gore, Leong Ming Loong