Dazed and Contused
Dazed and contused
Word spaghetti thoughts erased.
Thoughts translated jumbled train.
Words fall randomly like rain.
Try as I might sequential order,
evades my grasp
my sentence slaughtered.
String a sentence beaded words.
Let slip the string and lose two-thirds.
Words scattered bounce across my floor
Lost in crevices forever more.
Thought images flickered across my brain.
Expression captures my words in vane.
Smokey vision heat hazed sweat.
Remembered words I didn't forget.
Choking on words long since taught.
Confused with thought.
Altered state alert of mind.
Struggling to read the simple signs.
Blunted blade of wordsmiths sword
Can't make the cut nor strike a chord.
Speaking in tongues tripped tangle tied.
Stumbled rungs up ladder high.
Daydream flight dream
clear vivid bright
awakened wet with sweat
Dazed contused and medicated
Drooling bent smile
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dazed and Contused by Anthony Burge )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Baby Hurt, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brewster's, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -48, Ronjoy Brahma
- Reign of Despair, Luca Menin
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her pride and honor, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -47, Ronjoy Brahma
- Blood Of Innocence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Carbon and Life, douglas scotney
- Good-night love, good morning too, Mandolyn ...