Richard Netherland Cook
Dear Mom and Dad
Our hearts are sad and empty
Since you went away
The sadness stays within us
With every passing day.
We do not know why golden hearts
So soon were called to rest;
Did God break our hearts to prove to us
He only wants the best.
We know that heaven holds you,
And angels you are now
God must have needed you
More than us somehow.
We think of you as we did before
The years have not erased
The images in our hearts and minds
Of each sweet and loving face.
We shall always remember
The days when you were here!
In our hearts are memories
So precious and so dear.
In our hearts there is a place
No one else can ever fill;
In life we loved you dearly
In death we love you still.
Someday we hope to join you
On heaven's faraway shore
Where no goodby tears are needed,
And parting is no more.
Richard Netherland Cook's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Mom and Dad by Richard Netherland Cook )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 'SNATCHING OF THE GOAT', guy lipmore
- OUT OF DESTROYED BUILDINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Blue Fly, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Hunkered Down With Memories, Lonnie Hicks
- ODESSA. UKRAINE., human woman
- THAT FACE ذلك الوجه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Looking Upon Us, Naveed Akram
- Sweet Valentine, Lara A. Aqrawi
- No Reins, Lauren B Called
- Nothing like IT, george albot