Can you hear me crying?
And feel me dying
I’m only five
But gripping onto the edge of my life
Won’t you help me?
Stand me back up and let me run free
All I want to see
Is me forever with my family
I can’t walk because my bones are weak and breaking
But I can talk a few words, “my life is failing”
Please, set up my boat and start sailing
Help others that are falling off the railing
Can you feel what it’s like to almost be dead?
Or even to continuously have needles pricking your arms and legs
What about the hope running through my head
But really I know, everyday I’m burning away to less and less
Please stop the burning
It really hurts
Save my life from churning
It won’t damage you, just make you a better person…
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Someone by Hannah Hebditch )
- My thoughts amid choas, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Am Alive, Akhtar Jawad
- O My Songs, Madhav Sarkunde
- Detester's haste, Hamisi Miriti
- Masibonisane, senzokhaya umhayi
- namhlanje usuku olukhulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- okuhle, senzokhaya umhayi
- babies and dogs, oskar hansen
- God Could be Never Wrong, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Khalani zinyoni vele nizolibusa, senzokhaya umhayi