Can you hear me crying?
And feel me dying
I’m only five
But gripping onto the edge of my life
Won’t you help me?
Stand me back up and let me run free
All I want to see
Is me forever with my family
I can’t walk because my bones are weak and breaking
But I can talk a few words, “my life is failing”
Please, set up my boat and start sailing
Help others that are falling off the railing
Can you feel what it’s like to almost be dead?
Or even to continuously have needles pricking your arms and legs
What about the hope running through my head
But really I know, everyday I’m burning away to less and less
Please stop the burning
It really hurts
Save my life from churning
It won’t damage you, just make you a better person…
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Someone by Hannah Hebditch )
- The Exile, Rishi Kaul
- Bitter Sweet, Lilly Emery
- Strip unfinnished, lee fones
- Will You Love Me When I'm Old, Lilly Emery
- You Won't Let Me, Heather Burns
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery
- A HERE WE PART و من هنا نفترق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns
- Love Never Truly Ends, Lilly Emery
- Oh Mediterranean Sea, Lilly Emery