Dear Sweet Angel
Dear Sweet Angel,
I am writing to ask you how you are. Is heaven good? It must be a peaceful place. Did the other Angels welcome you well?
Tell me, are you happy to have crossed over to the other side. They say it’s a place where there is no pain or sorrow, a place where sickness is foreign. There is only love, peace and happiness and lots of singing. I know you love to sing, so you really must love it there.
Although you must be happy up there, accepting that you are not with us anymore is the hardest thing to do. For we thought that we would have more time with you, more time to do things we earthlings do. More time to appreciate your uniqueness in our lives. For no one is like you and no one can fill the void you left.
Forgive us for our shortcomings and mistakes. Forgive us if we ever made you feel left out or didn’t include you in anyway. For you are always going to be the missing piece in our lives, for we will never be able to make decisions without thinking about what should have been your role in them.
Plead to God for us if we are offending him in our grief for you. He has to understand that he took you too young, when we had so many hopes and dreams for you. You were only 20 after all. Although he says that his ways are not ours and in time we trust that the reason will be clearer for having taken you from us so selfishly without even having said goodbye, we still find it hard to accept losing you.
So sweet angel help us find comfort and solace in the face of sole deep grief. Help us understand that you are not with us in a physical form but must be in a spiritual form, trying to reach out and comfort us.
For though you are not with us anymore, we love you and we will always miss you for all the days of our lives. So rest in peace and prepare a place in heaven for us for when we will be reunited again. Because one thing is for certain, we will meet again someday in that happy and peaceful place called heaven; where angels dwell, that my sweet angel is my promise to you.
Tessa Gaoses's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dear Sweet Angel by Tessa Gaoses )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Watch Super Bowl 2015 Live Stream Online.., Renz Barns
- everything i ever wrote sort of had your.., Mandolyn ...
- Missing, Luo Zhihai
- THE FIRST TIME, Rosie Bourget
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
- Beyond Beds Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Lonely Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Happy Birthday to A Friend I'm Missing, Akhtar Jawad
- THE BREAST CANCER JOURNEY, Rosie Bourget
- Wanting To Feel, RoseAnn V. Shawiak