Death In A Rhododendron …… [NATURE; predator/prey in-miniature; invertebrates; MEDIUM]
As I came out from behind a backyard bush,
where I'd gone to secretly pee,
I paused to admire its clumps of purple blossoms,
and there I spied a silent …..bumblebee.
I stared at the bee (I was very close) ,
and then I stared some more.
The flower's inner surface was near-white,
and the bee was near the flower's core.
I waited for the striped bee to fly off,
but that darn bee never did budge.
THEN I saw the yellow spider sucking at the bee's neck,
like I would feast on a piece of fudge.
I think the spider had injected the bee,
turning the bee's innards into soup.
Part of bee would be converted to spider tissue,
and part of bee would become spider poop.
I'm writing this sitting outdoors in a chair,
and I just noticed a small spider on my sleeve.
It's a teeny-weeny (little) spider, BUT,
if I see a GIGANTIC spider coming, I think I'll leave!
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Death In A Rhododendron …… [NATURE; predator/prey in-miniature; invertebrates; MEDIUM] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer
- "Can I just...? ", Jeff Gangwer
- SLEEPING NIGHT, Egbe Chris
- Doorways / Points of Access, Jeff Gangwer
- "...on the hook", Jeff Gangwer
- Pioneers and Parade Floats, Jeff Gangwer
- The Muse, Midnights Voice