‘Death is an art.'
The surging waves in the sea
The deep steep valley
The poison poured by a friend
The long deep river in the heaven
The blood sucking lips of her
The moment I taste death
The moment I am in God.
Each soul relishes the taste of
The moment I am eternal.
Death is an art, I swear
Not all can do it well.
But a few enters the garden
Of death: joyous, carefree.
HABEEBURAHMAN Thaliyil's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘Death is an art.' by HABEEBURAHMAN Thaliyil )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Liberty Eagle!, Denis Martindale
- shadowsss, john tiong chunghoo
- shadow and dog, john tiong chunghoo
- bLinK unDer mErCuARy sKiEs - oNcE - Rea.., sEaN nOrTh
- dog, john tiong chunghoo
- After Us, Nikola Madzirov
- Embers in Ashes, Sadiqullah Khan
- Scanned, Sadiqullah Khan
- Lead me Home, Sadiqullah Khan
- While We Danced, Sadiqullah Khan