DEATH-WITH-DIGNITY PLEASE... MAR 8TH,2013
DEATH-WITH-DIGNITY PLEASE … Mar 8TH 2013
Those people who reach a hundred will be dead soon enough,
It's not their death; it's how it happens, that can be pretty rough,
So we need death-with-dignity, which the elites trend to avoid,
Banned by the church and the courts and we have no political guide.
And our pompous media moguls will not point the proper way,
They are bought by the politically correct in what they say,
Though no one has yet figured out a way to avoid his or her death,
And the Ottawa elites will not even let us think or plan it yet.
They told poor Sue Rodriguez that she could die when she tried,
Did these judges themselves, think that they would never die?
If Switzerland and Oregon and Washington have it; why not us?
Why are we so backward and why can't we cause a political fuss?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DEATH-WITH-DIGNITY PLEASE... MAR 8TH,2013 by James Bredin )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The Man Who Cut His Left Leg, Sergi Dutronc
- Back agin, Rodney R. Cooper
- Science Vs Spirituality, Tushar Ray
- Everlasting silence, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- all the sun does is stare at my faults, Mandolyn ...
- If I seem, Rodney R. Cooper
- Mojo, Morgan Michaels
- The Tiny Beauty, Zoila T. Flores
- Christmas Tree Ornaments, Frank Avon
- Wasted Words, Kela LewisMorin