James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
DEATH WITH DIGNITY REGARDLESS... APRIL 26TH,2013
They tell the near-dead to live on regardless of the pain,
And we should pay attention though Ottawa seems to be insane,
With their combination of hypocrisy and autocracy,
Because Ottawa rules with their aristocracy and bureaucracy.
It should be written in the Charter, big and strong and bold,
That Canadians have a right to die though Ottawa wants to withhold,
Though those close to death may need help to get the job over and done,
And their assisted suicide; chosen to be their final end run.
Of course priests and bishops and cardinals are completely opposed,
And their reasons are like the pedophile stuff – never disclosed,
As Canadians, we should be able to demand these changes,
Whether it’s federal or provincial – so long as someone arranges.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20th,2014 by James Bredin )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley