DEATH WITH DIGNITY REGARDLESS... APRIL 26TH,2013
They tell the near-dead to live on regardless of the pain,
And we should pay attention though Ottawa seems to be insane,
With their combination of hypocrisy and autocracy,
Because Ottawa rules with their aristocracy and bureaucracy.
It should be written in the Charter, big and strong and bold,
That Canadians have a right to die though Ottawa wants to withhold,
Though those close to death may need help to get the job over and done,
And their assisted suicide; chosen to be their final end run.
Of course priests and bishops and cardinals are completely opposed,
And their reasons are like the pedophile stuff – never disclosed,
As Canadians, we should be able to demand these changes,
Whether it’s federal or provincial – so long as someone arranges.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (DEATH WITH DIGNITY REGARDLESS... APRIL 26TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid
- Nightmare, Naveed Khalid
- Snowdon, Naveed Khalid
- Right is Right, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan