James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
Death With Dignity Very Please Oct 11th,2012
The death with dignity issue is an example of no fuss,
And how isolated our Ottawa politicians are from us,
They just wont touch the subject though people are dying all around,
It must be their political agenda and they win hands down.
But it would be nice to arrange this whole dying affair,
Have death with dignity, even though some don't seem to care,
Maybe they think that they themselves will never never die,
Because they are aristocrats in Ottawa, somewhere up high.
I'm going to die but I don't know when, where, how or why,
And someday you are too, so we better now say goodbye,
And hope we don't get the Sue Rodriguez treatment before we go,
And nothing has changed though that was many many years ago.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.