Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa
Deathstiny (dedicated to the Westgate victims)
Who tills the path of man,
who draws the map?
Who draws the dotted lines,
who fills the gap?
Are we in this life mere pawns,
or active players of our own moves?
And in this life of agonising thorns,
who draws the spaces to make the moves?
where there is murder at the mall,
war at the gate and suffering on the street,
are we the architects of our own fall,
or a duex ex machina with dramatic feat,
is urging our performance at killing his enemy?
I mean what really is destiny.
Topic of this poem: love
Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Deathstiny (dedicated to the Westgate victims) by Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Whose Fault is This?, Luo Zhihai
- Vibrations Of Spirituality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- RAFA, douglas scotney
- Theoretically Squeaking, michael walkerjohn
- Interior Life's Library, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why I Love writing Poetry?, Hebert Logerie
- Enjoyable Times, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Regions Of Silent Atmospheres, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Switching Parties, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Spiral Interpretations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak