Decline and Fall
Deepening recession shivers sends,
Enterprise is under pressure, trade
Chilled to the marrow, barrow scrapes. Hopes fade
Like snow in Spring as unemployment's trends
Imply a further rise. The Pound descends
Near chart support lines which are badly frayed.
Executives begin to feel afraid
As belts are tightened while each firm defends
New targets where their market share extends
Despite the profit margin squeeze, price pared.
Falling homes mean fewer loans repaid,
As further credit may be at an end.
Like crickets in midsummer now we sing,
Leaves fall, small worries Winter's sure to bring.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Decline and Fall by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Needs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Buffaloman Too A Chief Minister In B.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sitting In The Time's House, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Nearly Canonized Recently, Monk E. Biz
- Burquawalli, May I Ask, Why Is Saudi Ara.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friend 3, Neela Nath
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra
- Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After Love's Partition, Velvet Boots