In the raining season, the sky reason
That August of ocean dropping deep asleep in the mid of the night
With dulcet dreams am sighting on my feature flourish
In a mood for moiling, the weeding of green grown groundnut
Tomorrow that would soon spot
Suddenly, I heard a strike, audible sound echoed deadly
Like a recidivist of Al-kaida, I awake, my tick-tack throbbing
As if drum beats, I sat up and perceive
But I knew what it was I went out and wait,
If any I could hear another sound
Yes, it did- as it flashes white across and rumble
I tremble along with the house and the earth
That mid molesting and mad made night
Did denied my wont of dreaming in that night
Thus the crop of the daylight has brought news of mortality
Of corpse overwhelms tall the houses collapse and tress fall
The big "bantaba" tree is a victim.
"An abomination, why phenomenon"
"The shadowed of throng during meetings
The great giant baobab shade had cleft asunder…"
"Lo! Lo! Uprooted and hurled on the ground
Across the path forth the village market"
"We would go strike to eschew horrors and harms"
"If white pieces aren't given out-
Our parentage would bring course and smear our born"
The alternative talk of the day
Indeed, tremor was blatant in that midnight sermon
Impulses' thought it's a reckoning, calling upon man
To thy lord but it wasn't Friday!
The alternatives again:
"I held my breath and shoe sleep, " She said sadly.
"I was watching around waiting the blow of the trumpet,
After all- it's a caution, he said in tipsy"
"I was shock in a spot- that the cosmos is done for"
Said, a trembling bloke
Indeed for that rumbling echo has feared feet
Over that which is a must? We snub all behests of the Just
When we are shock, stuck and stroke, remember God and call his aid
Who is man outwitting after all?
momodou jarju's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (DEFECT by momodou jarju )
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 March 1907 – 11 September 1987)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Clean And Cleanliness, gajanan mishra
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Main neer bhari dukh ki badli, Mahadevi Varma
Poem of the Day
- I Wander Lost, Shalom Freedman
- उसका ही अपमान करते हो uska hi apmaan, hasmukh amathalal
- In restless sea, gajanan mishra
- Christmas Is Here Tonight, Hebert Logerie
- खता करके, तुम्हारे द्वार पर, हर बार जाता.., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- Love Letter, Gillu Rahul
- Crystal Clear, Jason Summers
- SONG OF YULETIDE EVE, Sir Toby Moses
- Resolution, Neela Nath
- The Fault In Our Stars, Asma Riaz Khan