Defiance of Mind
The count goes on, as a matter of time
It's significance, a mere state of mind
The second was created, to tick for a minute
Monumenting the hour, we erected a 'Watch' tower
Hours turned to days, then weeks became months,
and as if that weren't enough, someone 'Counted' the months
Commemorating the first second, nay! shed not a tear..
Although its young life has ended, we decease another year
We are irate by the 'Count Down', when we celebrate,
'Happy Birthdays', as a clown with a frown...
As for me! I'll have no part of times game
Nor will I become a 'Sum Total', the equation's the same
Ageless and forever young, while
time I defy, and death I sneer...
'tis but a fool that gets older,
Counting every New Year...
The fountain of youth-filled 'Ability' is
indellibly sipped from our aging minds
05.11.2010 (Still writing)
Louie Levy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (* Defiance by Louie Levy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- No Such Thing as Safe Sex, A.j. Binash
- i wonder what it smells like in your head, Mandolyn Davidson
- Hager Twin Jim & LEG-SHAVING MANIACS, Richard Thripp
- my pen bleedeth out for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Leta', Quenten McClellan
- My Anguish Heart, Lilly Emery
- The Vampires Of War, Osman Gani
- To Run From Fun, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- True Love?, Jesus James Llorico
- Email Hell, Death is Less Painful, LUVinThe NOW