Black on Black Arts
It's been a long time since I've been able to stand up on my own.
I can finally uncover the mirrors and look at the person i've been avoiding for years.
It's been a long time since I said goodbye to the substances that replaced the family and friends in my life.
It feels good to say it's been a long time since I've fucked up.
I use to be so apologetic, Now I can't remember the last time I said i'm sorry.
Can't blame my mother for the way my life has turned out.
She did her best for a hopeless case.
For once in my life i'm doing a 180.
For once I can look in the mirror and love who I'm looking at.
For once I can truly be happy.
It's been a long time
Topic of this poem: self-acceptance
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Defining Moment by Black on Black Arts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- [ABC]Watch Pretty Little Liars Season 5 .., Renz Barns
- Australia Day - 26 January 2015, Danny Draper
- Elope, Salleh Chowdhury
- Journey's End, Raymond A. Foss
- Dimly Lighting The Way, Margaret Alice Second
- Threads of Her Journey, Raymond A. Foss
- A Journey of Treasure, Raymond A. Foss
- spinning 2 StAnd $tiLL - can i cHaRge it?, sEaN nOrTh
- un-nerves sh#t - sweet child of mime, sEaN nOrTh
- The Wise Man, Brian J. Stafford