Black on Black Arts
It's been a long time since I've been able to stand up on my own.
I can finally uncover the mirrors and look at the person i've been avoiding for years.
It's been a long time since I said goodbye to the substances that replaced the family and friends in my life.
It feels good to say it's been a long time since I've fucked up.
I use to be so apologetic, Now I can't remember the last time I said i'm sorry.
Can't blame my mother for the way my life has turned out.
She did her best for a hopeless case.
For once in my life i'm doing a 180.
For once I can look in the mirror and love who I'm looking at.
For once I can truly be happy.
It's been a long time
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Defining Moment by Black on Black Arts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 October 1938)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Poet in Crossroad, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- ㉳㉱㉨bamwar4com, joelcruz cruz
- Communists Turn Autocratic and Dictatorial, Bijay Kant Dubey
- what to say, Cee Bea
- Children, hafiz qasim
- Northland Autumn, Luo Zhihai
- Jayprakash's Black-mouthed Hanumans, Bijay Kant Dubey
- bamwar4.com, joelcruz cruz
- Smolt-flour, Stratis Havarti
- No quarrel, please, gajanan mishra