DEMOCRACY OR WHAT...NOV 13TH,2013
DEMOCRACY OR WHAT? … NOV 13TH,2013
Why does it seem; we should have more control of our politicians?
Because they act like elite aristocrats above suspicions,
Why are our senators appointed for life or seventy five?
How did they get there secretly and did they have to connive?
Where should I go to apply for this type of high class position?
I might be too old and stupid but I have lots of ambition,
Could our Senate handle our death-with-dignity trouble?
Because this is not going to disappear like a soap bubble.
Why do I get the opinion, they avoid this subject like the plague?
Or if they answer a question; it is extremely vague,
Is this democracy or dictatorship or should we have to ask?
No set-date elections, referendums and no one up to the task.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DEMOCRACY OR WHAT...NOV 13TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- Her Pain I Understand, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoyan Observations, Mark R. Elias
- Our current world عالمنا الحالي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Incas, Nassy Fesharaki
- Fellow Lovers, Saiom Shriver
- Dark October Skies, Lilly Emery
- In den vreemde, Madrason writer
- SOLVING THE OLD CONUNDRUM THAT ASKS WHIC.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Does He Tell Her About Me?, Emma R. Kessler
- Evil's ugly makers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)