DEMOCRACY OR WHAT...NOV 13TH,2013
DEMOCRACY OR WHAT? … NOV 13TH,2013
Why does it seem; we should have more control of our politicians?
Because they act like elite aristocrats above suspicions,
Why are our senators appointed for life or seventy five?
How did they get there secretly and did they have to connive?
Where should I go to apply for this type of high class position?
I might be too old and stupid but I have lots of ambition,
Could our Senate handle our death-with-dignity trouble?
Because this is not going to disappear like a soap bubble.
Why do I get the opinion, they avoid this subject like the plague?
Or if they answer a question; it is extremely vague,
Is this democracy or dictatorship or should we have to ask?
No set-date elections, referendums and no one up to the task.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DEMOCRACY OR WHAT...NOV 13TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Shipping Container, Marshall Gass
- Smell the Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer
- "Can I just...? ", Jeff Gangwer
- SLEEPING NIGHT, Egbe Chris
- Doorways / Points of Access, Jeff Gangwer
- "...on the hook", Jeff Gangwer